R. Don Canaday, MAI, SRA
Bachelor of Business Administration Degree, Southwest Texas State University, 1971
License Number: TX-1320428-G
He has successfully completed the following courses of the American Institute of Real Estate Appraisers:
- Course 1A in 1976 at the University of Houston;
- Case studies in Real Estate Valuation in 1980 at the University of Colorado;
- Valuation Analysis and Report Writing in 1980 at the University of Colorado;
- Rural Valuation in 1980 at Stanford University;
- Standards of Professional Practice in 1980 at the University of Portland;
- Capitalization and Theory Part 3 in 1982 at the University of Colorado.
- Course 201 and the R-2 Examination of the Society of Real Estate Appraisers
- Additionally, he has attended numerous seminars, conferences, and lectures sponsored by the Appraisal Institute, American Institute of Real Estate Appraisers, Society of Real Estate Appraisers, San Antonio Board of Realtors, Texas Association of Realtors, and the National Association of Realtors.
- He is currently certified under the continuing education program of the Appraisal Institute.
Presently, and since 1972, R. Don Canaday has been engaged in independent fee appraising and real estate consultations. He is President of Dugger, Canaday, Grafe, Inc., Real Estate Consultants and Appraisers.
Generally, his trade area includes South, West, and Central Texas. Appraisals have also been made in Colorado, California, Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Florida. Since 1994, a number of appraisals have been made in Mexico.
He has served as President of the San Antonio Board of Realtors, President of the San Antonio Chapter of the Appraisal Institute, Director of the Texas Association of Realtors, Director of the National Association of Realtors, Chairman of what is now known as the Texas Appraiser Licensing and Certification Board, and President of the Foundation Appraiser Coalition of Texas.
His experience is varied and includes special purpose properties including golf courses, resorts, nursing homes, churches, micro-processor manufacturing plants, among others. Also included are properties such as residential subdivisions, large-scale mixed-use developments, office buildings, apartments, retail complexes, industrial complexes, full-service hotels, limited-service motels, and single-family residential properties.
Clients served include corporations, attorneys, estates, financial institutions, individuals, and governmental agencies. He is qualified as an expert witness in County, District, and Federal Courts.
During the time period from 1968 to 1975, he was actively engaged in site location, lease negotiations, installations, and operations of retail gasoline outlets as President of Canaday Enterprises, Inc., and on a contract basis for Pioneer Oil Company.
He has qualified as an expert witness for real estate matters in County, District, and Federal Courts.
Professional association memberships include the following:
- Member, Appraisal Institute, Certificate No. 6555 (MAI)
- Senior Residential Appraiser, Appraisal Institute (SRA)
- Active Member, San Antonio Board of Realtors
- Active Member, Texas Association of Realtors
- Active Member, National Association of Realtors
- Licensed Real Estate Broker – State of Texas since 1975 (License No. 0176457-06)
- State Certified General Appraiser in the State of Texas, Certification No. TX-1320428-G
Activities in State Agencies
Chairman (1989/1990/1991), Texas Real Estate Appraiser Certification Committee of the Texas Real Estate Commission
Activities in professional association include:
- President (1991), Appraisal Institute, San Antonio Chapter
- First Vice-President (1990), AIREA, South Texas Chapter No. 29
- Second Vice-President (1989), AIREA, South Texas Chapter No. 29
- Secretary (1988), American Institute of Real Estate Appraisers, South Texas Chapter No. 29
- Treasurer (1987), American Institute of Real Estate Appraisers, South Texas Chapter N. 29
- Appointed Legislative Coordinator for Texas by the President of the Appraisal Institute
- President (1986), San Antonio Board of Realtors
- President-Elect (1985), San Antonio Board of Realtors
- Vice-President (1984), San Antonio Board of Realtors
- Treasurer (1983), San Antonio Board of Realtors
- Director (1984-1989), Texas Association of Realtors
- Director (1987, 1988, & 1989), National Association of Realtors